CranHoney Apple Chips
What you need:
2 cups of sugar
1 cup water
1/4 cup of CranHoney
1/4 cup plus 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
3 Apples (Your choice, I chose Gala)
How you do it:
1. Preheat oven to 200*. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large pan over medium-high heat, combine sugar, water, CranHoney, and 1/4 cup of lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil, and cook until sugar is dissolved. Remove pan from heat, and cool mixture to room temperature.
3. Fill a large bowl with cool water and add the extra lemon juice to it.
4. Cut the apples crosswise with a manual V-slicer. They should end up being about 1/16 inch thick. Put the sliced apples in the lemon water mixture.
5. Take the apples out of the water. Dry the apples with a towel. Dip the apple slices in the cooled honey mixture. Let sit on a pan for 10 minutes. Put them in the oven and bake for 1 hour , or until they are dry. Turn off oven and leave apples in the oven for an additional hour.
6. Carefully remove the apples and store up to 1 week.
Hope you enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Autumn Cottage Magazine