2 Cups of All-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons of PassionHoney
1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Zest
3/4 Tablespoon of Poppy Seeds
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1 Cup of heavy whipping cream
1 Tablespoon of Pure Lemon Extract
2 Eggs (1 for the Cream mix and 1 for the Glaze)
2 Tablespoons of Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Lemon Zest
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cooking sheet. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl mix together flour, baking powder, egg, PassionHoney, lemon zest, poppy seeds, and salt.
- In another bowld, mix together the liquid ingredients. Add to the dry ingredients and mix together to create a slightly sticky dough.
- Flour your hands and place dough on a floured surface. Create 8 pieces of round dough. Make each piece into a flat 1/2 inch cookie shape. Place onto the prepared cooking sheet.
- Once you've placed all the dough onto the cooking sheet, brush a thin layer of beaten egg onto each scone.
- Sprinkle on the sugar and lemon zest combination to each scone.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.